Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Episode

Mathilde.

You must listen to me.

You don’t remember your episode.

I remember everything.

You were out of your head. I moved you from the window, where you were lying in the sun, complaining that it was burning your flesh away, to the darkened bedroom. I sat with you for hours. You wrapped the sheet around yourself like a shroud. I stayed for several hours until you fell asleep. I came back every day to check on you.

I must admit that feeling needed by you was an exhilarating and slightly frightening proposition.

Having no family other than my grandmother, the bonds of any kind of love were bound to be a bit untried - I only hope I could honor them to the level at which they deserve to be honored.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You’re forgetting the kiss.

Rodrigo Weiss said...

I can admit it. We kissed.

Anonymous said...

At the height of our relationship I felt that our love could overcome my illness, and I went off my medication. I only have your word that you cared for me, as I don’t remember the episode.

Rodrigo Weiss said...

In my young life I had had no real attachments, and caring for you awakened a feeling I was unfamiliar with.

Anonymous said...

You said you wanted to be absorbed into me, but you became frightened.