Friday, February 23, 2007

Another Disappointment

A bit of disappointing news today:

Dear Mr. Weiss –

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Dorothy Chandler Lecture Series. At this time, we are no longer accepting applications to participate in the series. I am enclosing your proposal for “On the Evolution of Tzombi Culture in late 20th Century Los Angeles and Surrounding Counties” and the supporting materials that you submitted.

Good luck.

Sincerely,
M. Dresser
Assistant to Angela Frond



I believe I made reference in an earlier entry to the costs of pursuing truths which, for whatever reason, the Academic community would rather not hear. The letter above is an example of the professional cost, but there is a personal cost as well. I bring this up not because I feel sorry for myself, nor because I wish to apologize for past behavior, but because I wish to demonstrate my devotion to the Tzombi race, whose plight is larger than my relationship problems.

A certain individual has been posting personal e-mails in the comments section from a relationship which, for reasons which are unrelated to this blog, ended some years ago. Because this individual has a history of mental illness (Cotard's Syndrome) and is, I believe, reaching out for help, I do not want to cut off contact.

As these e-mails have no bearing whatsoever on this blog, please disregard them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mathilde? Isn’t she the dirt eater?

Anonymous said...

Dude, that commenter is Mathilde. You said it yourself.

Rodrigo Weiss said...

No. You are mistaken.

Anonymous said...

So that comment was a break-up letter? Dude, that’s harsh. Even I’m not that much of a dick.

Rodrigo Weiss said...

What did I just say? You can’t possibly begin to understand how complicated the relationship was. Please respect my wishes and disregard the comments!