Wednesday, January 10, 2007

From Micronesia to the Shang Dynasty

Much as I abhor some of the comments which are being posted, I feel that to exclude such comments from the blog would be to participate in the same sort of conspiracy of denial as the Academic/Scientific community. Because I hold this blog’s readers in such high esteem, I feel the best way to combat ignorance is to present all of the information available and let them decide for themselves exactly who is the raving genocidal maniac. I will not be shaken in my purpose. In this spirit, I would like to continue in my attempt to encapsulate the history of this race.

After the “mud eaters” were taken prisoner by the Amorites, many of them became refugees and scattered over an inland route through Asia, establishing footholds in several areas along the way. Some of them took to boats, and there is evidence that they reached Micronesia as early as 1800 B.C. and became known to natives as the Iyebu.

In China, they were incorporated into the Xia Dynasty, whose Emperor Zhong Kang recognized their potential as fierce warriors. When the Shang Dynasty came to power they were captured as prisoners of war and forced into subservient positions. The majority were occupied in building—many of the structures of the Shang dynasty (the capital at Zhengzhou, for example) were built out of stamped earth, which is created by having workers walk around earth that has been pressed into a large wooden frame until it becomes as hard as concrete. They excelled at this mindless task. How else to explain the otherwise indecipherable stanza from the 19th century erotic poet Qong Li?

My heart would beat
The unstoppable beat
Of a thousand stamping feet
Upon freshly dug palace walls.


Finally, from a Maogong tripod ceramic, inscriptions on the base of the object clearly depict a tzombi figure stamping the earth:



And a closer look here:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, I’ve been thinking about chicks eating dirt. I’m gonna ask my next girlfriend to do that.