Monday, November 06, 2006

A Clarification on the Sunset Village Incident

In my previous post, I referenced an incident involving my grandmother and the Sunset Village Retirement Community in Boca Raton. My grandmother is a wonderful woman who raised me from the time I was a young boy. I did not mean to insinuate that my grandmother and I had a falling-out. In fact, I’m fairly certain that she had little to do with my abrupt removal from the property; in fact it was the Homeowner’s Association Board that made the final decision. Grandmothers simply do not change the locks and call estate security to chase their grandsons from the property and file for a restraining order.

I merely reference what transpired between us as another instance of the delicate ground my research treads upon. My grandmother could not help but be consumed by the prejudices that others hold for my field of study. Tzombi might as well be lepers or pedophiles or vegetarians to these people, a misperception I find both sad and a little alarming.

No comments: